The DO’s and DONT’S of Tape-in hair extensions:
- Invest in quality extensions
- Choose a reputable salon for care for you and your extensions.
- Use the correct recommended products.
- Schedule a weekly conditioning treatment.
- Brush your hair more often.
- Avoid swimming or having a heavy workout for 24 hours after getting your extensions fitted.
- Braid your hair before bed.
- Apply heat protectors before heat styling
- Always tie hair using scrunches or soft ties.
- Use a good quality wet brush to gently detangle your hair.
- You must apply hydrating conditioner after shampooing.
- Never apply oils or conditioner on or above the bonding tapes.
- DO NOT skip your maintenance appointment.
- Never sleep with damp or wet hair
- Avoid removing tape extensions yourself
- Do not swim in chlorine or salt water as this will fade the colour of your extensions
- Avoid sunscreen transfer from your body to your extensions, as this will discolour them.
- Avoid tension on the hair while brushing and styling.
- DO NOT lighten your hair extensions.